How to Sell on Amazon and Flipkart?
You accept the fact that you can earn money from selling the products on Amazon and Flipkart, wondering how to sell on Amazon and Flipkart; we are here to guide you to start your online business on Flipkart and Amazon.
Amazon and Flipkart are the biggest online marketplaces. These platforms provide a huge collection of books, clothes, electronics, home essentials, groceries, etc. for the buyers. These both platforms offer a huge variety of materials for online buyers.
A huge population of people loves to do online shopping rather than go to the market. Online shopping is in demand because most people don’t have time to go to the market as their schedule is too busy. So, they prefer to shop online as they get their product at their doorstep and also they have a thousand types of variety of their preferred product. As online shopping is a great deal for sellers, we have told you about how to sell on Amazon and Flipkart.
Amazon and Flipkart also let the sellers sell their products in huge quantity and offer a golden chance to earn money by selling products on their platform.
In addition to Amazon's standard products, third-party sellers can sell new or used goods to customers directly on the Amazon Marketplace e-commerce platform, which is owned and run by Amazon.
How to sell on Amazon and how much does it cost?
There are many people who wants to start their shopping business online but don’t aware about how to start online Business. As Amazon is one of the top-rated e-commerce shopping portals in the world. People preferred to choose online shopping from it. Amazon is a very reputable e-commerce online platform and people have trusted it.
Amazon platform allows the individual to earn money online by selling their products through their portal. But the question is how to sell on Amazon and how much does it cost? No need to worry we are going to cover the major steps to be a seller on Amazon, you just need to follow the below steps to sell your products online through Amazon:
• First, you need to register yourself as a seller on Amazon and for that; you need to go to the https://sell.amazon.com website.
• After that, click on the “Pricing” tab and compare Amazon’s selling plans by clicking on the “Compare selling plans” option. That page leads you to the comparison page to get knowledge about individual and professional seller accounts.
• Now, you need to choose wisely and according to your product quantity; you want to be an individual seller or a professional seller on Amazon.
• Once you have chosen the seller plan, you will reach the page to sign up for registering as a seller on Amazon.
• Enter the email address and password on the given spaces and click on the “Next” button to create your account.
• Now, a verification code is sent to your entered email address. Enter the verification code in the available box for verification by Amazon.
• Now, Amazon will ask you for a valid identity proof for verification and you need to upload your government-issued identity proof to proceed further.
• Now, you need to enter your bank details or credit card statement and mobile number.
• Now, you need to choose your Business type and Business location. In the “Business location”, you need to enter the correct country in which you want to do your online business.
• In the “Business type” field, you need to select your business entity from the following given. options:
1. State-owned business
2. Publicly-owned business
3. Privately-owned business
5. None, I am an individual
• After selecting your business type, you need to enter your full name as same as on your documents.
• Then, click on the “Agree and continue” button to proceed further.
• Now, you need to enter your personal details that are asked like address, phone no., identity proof, etc., and then click on the “Next” button.
• After entering personal information, you need to enter your billing details. Billing details include a valid bank number and a valid credit card number.
• Now, add the information about your products and Amazon store. And for doing that, you need to follow the given steps:
1. Enter the name of your Amazon store.
2. If you have UPC codes then click on “Yes”.
3. If you have any diversity certifications then click on “Yes”.
4. Are you the manufacturer or brand owner, choose the answer accordingly and then click on the “Next” button.
• In the end, you will be asked for identity verification. You need to upload asked documents for verification.
• After submitting all your documents, you need to complete the identity verification by video call with an Amazon associate.
• Once you are verified, you can able to sell products online on the Amazon platform and you can see your seller account’s dashboard. Amazon verification process can take time.
We have covered how to sell on Amazon and we are going to talk about how much it costs to sell on Amazon.
How much it costs to sell on Amazon?
It will completely depend on Amazon fees that you may pay as a Seller on Amazon. We are going to mention some Amazon fees that you have to pay for selling your products on Amazon:
1. Amazon referral fees:
This is what Amazon charges as a commission for allowing sellers to use its platform. The range is from 12 and 40%, depending on the category. An average product has a 15% referral fee.
2. Individual seller fees:
In addition to the referral money, you will also be charged a flat fee of $0.99 for each sale you make. This per-item charge is only applicable to sellers who selected an individual seller account over a professional plan.
3. FBA fees:
You'll be responsible for paying Amazon's shipping and handling expenses if you participate in the FBA program.
4. Other Amazon fees:
Additionally, you can incur expenses for long-term inventory storage (if you utilize Amazon FBA), media expenditures (if you sell books, DVDs, etc.), and advertising expenses.
How to sell on Flipkart?
Wondering “how to sell online and make money”, there is the solution. For selling on Flipkart, firstly you need to register yourself as a seller on Flipkart which means you need to create a seller account on Flipkart. For creating a seller account, you need to follow the below steps:
• Firstly, you need to go to the seller.flipkart.com website to register yourself as a seller.
• Now, you need to click on the “Start selling” button that is visible at the top right corner of your system’s screen.
• After that, you need to enter your Email id and phone number in the available boxes. Now, verify your number with the OTP sent to your entered mobile number.
• After that you need to upload some business-related documents that are asked according to your business. We have mentioned some documents that are required to sell online on Flipkart:
1. PAN card
2. Bank account
3. GST registration
4. Identity proof
5. Address proof documents
6. Valid email address
7. Valid contact number
8. Bank statement
• After verifying your documents, you need to list your products under the specific given categories.
• After listing your products on Flipkart, you can start selling on the Flipkart platform.
• Now, you will start to receive the orders, all you need to do is pack the product and mark it “Ready to dispatch”. The logistics partner of Flipkart will pick up the order and deliver it to the proper customer.
• Once an order is successfully dispatched, you will get the payment within 7-15 business days.
Can I sell on both Amazon and Flipkart?
The answer is yes, in fact; you can sell on all the online shopping portals. Anyone who wants to start their selling business online can sell on both Amazon and Flipkart. Many people think that they got a problem if they use both platforms for selling their products but I want to inform you all that Amazon and Flipkart don’t restrict their online sellers to using other platforms too.
You can register on both platforms for your same business. No need to bother, there is any penalty or consequence for that if you use both platforms for the same business. I hope, now you get the answer to the question Can I sell on both Amazon and Flipkart? Amazon and Flipkart allow all their sellers to gain profit from any online portal they want. But before that, you need to know how to sell on Amazon and Flipkart.
Based on the huge popularity and demand of Amazon and Flipkart online platforms, we suggest to all online businesses that online shopping provides a golden chance to grow your online shopping business. The scope of online shopping is very bright in the future. So, start your online shopping business today to gain profit through online buyers too. A huge population of people loves to do online shopping rather than go to the market.
We have mentioned all the needed information about how to sell on Amazon and Flipkart. Now, you can easily start your online business and earn money by selling your products on online e-commerce platforms.